How to find your mobile number on Android and iPhone
The PIN of the card, the password of the mobile, of the Gmail or Outlook account, of Amazon, of Netflix, of social networks… We are going to go crazy with the amount of things that we must remember related to the mobile and our life daily on the Internet. And sometimes, we don’t even remember our own phone number.
How can we fix this if we don’t remember the exact 9 digits? Well, by learning a couple of tricks and simple ways to find the number that is always somewhere on our beloved smartphone.
If you have an Android smartphone, there are several ways to instantly remember what your number is. The fastest is to call a friend or family member, as your number will appear on your screen. But there are others like these:
Through the phone book / contacts
- Look for the contacts button on your mobile.
- If your name appears just above, click on it to go to an info window that lists your phone number(s), depending on whether you have 1 or 2 SIM cards inserted.
- Another way is by clicking on the phone icon to initiate a call. A window will open with the latest numbers.
- If your name appears as a highlighted contact, clicking on it will take you to the same window as through Contacts.
Find the number by Settings
- Find the Settings app and open it.
- Scroll down to the About Device option.
- Within this section you will see a list summarizing the model of your terminal, series, etc, and the telephone number will appear.
- If for whatever reason it does not appear, go to the status option, which shows information about the SIM, the IMEI and the IP address among others. You should see your number here.
- If it does not appear, click on the SIM card status option, and at the bottom you will see My phone number.
If your mobile is an iPhone, again calling someone is the most direct way. But Apple’s iOS also offers you these two alternative ways:
- open the phone app in the main menu
- Click on the contacts tab, located right at the bottom of the screen
- When you open it, your number appears right first.
- Open Settings on iPhone
- Scroll down until you find the option. Telephone
- When you open it you will see the number at the beginning of everything in My number