How to connect AirPods to Android phones
Wireless headphones are gaining more and more ground and today they are one of the most popular accessories for smartphones at the moment. Each manufacturer has its own, but, without a doubt, the Apple AirPods They take the cake for their enviable performance and impeccable audio quality.
That’s why we all dream of making use of them on our Android device, although the truth is that little is dreamed of, since it is completely possible to connect the helmets of the American company to Android mobiles. Although it is true that this entails the loss of some faculties that only an iPhone can squeeze, although the result is still surprising.
Your AirPods on Android normally
If you happen to have recently switched from iPhone to Android, you’ll be interested to know that accessories like AirPods are still useful with some drawbacks. However, as a general rule, you can continue to listen to music with them as you normally would.
In fact, the process of linking your Android phone with the headphones from the Cupertino company does not hide much of a mystery and we could even go so far as to say that any user has the process at their fingertips.
Mainly, because regardless of the AirPods model, it is as simple as proceeding as if they were ordinary headphones. This means that there is no intrinsic difficulty and you just have to follow the usual steps for it, which are the following:
- Open the Bluetooth settings on your Android smartphone. To do this, slide the upper control panel and hold down the corresponding button or open the settings of the device itself and access the indicated section.
- Activate it if it is not enabled.
- To pair both devices, open the earphone case (without removing the earphones) and wait for the light on the outside to turn green.
- Press and hold the button on the back case and the light will change from green to flashing white.
- In the Bluetooth section, more specifically in the part dedicated to new devices, the AirPods should appear. Tap on them to start the connection.
features you lose
As we mentioned at the beginning of the publication, taking advantage of AirPods on Android phones has its drawbacks and the truth is that they are not few. Of course, there are none important enough not to use them. In any case, these are some of the functions that become useless:
- you can’t go to voice assistants be it Siri or Google Assistant through the headphones themselves.
- If one of the headphones is removed, the music will continue to play, ie there is no ear detection.
- There are versions of Android where you cannot check the remaining battery of AirPods unless you go to third-party apps.
- There is a possibility that the received sound may be delayed for a few seconds.
- You will need to re-pair both devices if you reconnect with an iPhone.