WhatsApp: how to transfer chats from iPhone to a Samsung smartphone
After the announcement by Samsung, Facebook also confirmed. Finally, it is possible transfer Whatsapp chats from iPhone to Samsung smartphone. The feature has long been requested by the social community. Today, the dream of many is finally a reality. How does the process work? Let’s go and find out together.
It should be noted that the chat transfer function is only valid if you intend to transfer chats from iPhone to new Samsung smartphones. Yes, it is not possible to transfer WhatsApp data if the Samsung smartphone is already activated. In fact, the transfer procedure can only be started if the smartphone is being activated. For Samsung smartphones already activated, a reset the device to factory settings.
WhatsApp: transfer chats from iPhone to Samsung smartphone in simple steps
In order for the transfer procedure to take place, some things must be taken into account:
- The iPhone you intend to transfer data from must have the version installed 18.104.22.168or later, of Whatsapp;
- The Samsung smartphone that is to receive the data must have the version installed 22.214.171.124or later, of Whatsapp;
- The Samsung smartphone must have the version installed 126.96.36.199or later, of the app Samsung SmartSwitch;
- The transfer is required Lighting to USB-C cable.
The data that can be transferred from one smartphone to another are:
- Account information
- Personal chat history
- Profile picture
- Group chat history
- Multimedia content
Call history cannot be transferred!
Considering the above, the steps to make the transfer are very simple:
- Turn on the Samsung smartphone and connect it, via cable, to the iPhone when requested;
- Follow the instructions given by the Samsung SmartSwitch app;
- When prompted, use the iPhone’s camera to scan the QR code displayed on the Samsung device;
- Press “Start” on the iPhone and wait for the procedure to complete;
- Continue configuring the new Samsung smartphone;
- When you reach the Home screen, open WhatsApp and log in using it same phone number used on iPhone;
- When prompted, click on “Import” to complete the procedure.
At the end of the transfer, the WhatsApp app on the new smartphone will contain all the data mentioned above!