Today’s smartphones are used for many other things, apart from talking, entering social networks, playing games, viewing multimedia content or talking through messages with our friends. It is known that it can act as a remote control when the user runs out of batteries or the one that comes with the TV breaks, as well as turn it into a router to share the Internet.
Well, today Infobae brings another of the most useful functions of a mobile phone, and it is like using a smartphone as a mouse for a personal computer or laptop. Also, it will not matter if the user has an Android or iPhone smartphone, since both types of devices AND operating systems allow you to turn your cell phone into a computer mouse.
The fundamental requirement to be able to carry it out is an Internet connection, which must be operational both on our phone and on the PC. However, in most cases, both the cell phone and the PC must be connected to the same network before starting the process.
what to consider
The main problem with turning any smartphone into a remote control for a computer is that this option requires the mobile screen to be constantly on; Namely, the battery of this device will be consumed to a greater extent, so you have to be careful not to run out.
Therefore, it is only recommended to increase the screen inactivity time from the terminal settings if it is going to be used as a mouse. If this will be the case, it will be better to set the value to at least 30 minutes, or if the smartphone allows it, never lock. This is how it can be configured on both operating systems:
In the case of the iPhone, the truth is that, by using the same Apple operating system, it will be much easier. Also, with the passing of updates to iOS the steps have not changed, so you have to do the following:
– Access the iPhone Settings application.
– Click on the display and brightness tab.
– Tap on the auto lock option.
– Select the time or you can even set the option to ‘Never’, so that the screen does not lock itself.
Within Android terminals, the option to change the time in which a touch panel remains active without turning off is more widespread between option and option. The bad news is that there is no way to make the device not turn off. However, the steps are quite similar:
– Enter the Android mobile settings.
– Then go to the Display section.
– Click the Screen Timeout option.
– Depending on each software layer, different time options will be found.
How to use a smartphone as a mouse on a computer or laptop
1. Install remote mouse on cell phone This link is for Google play store users, and this link to download it from app store.
2. Then you have to download this same software but on PC or laptop. can be found on its official website.
3. Now you have to link both devices. First you have to open remote mouse on the computer, and you will see it shows a QR Code.
4. On the cell phone, enter the remote mouse application. will ask to scan the QR code displayed on the computer screen.
5. If there were no problems during the process, the cell phone screen will turn into a trackpad; that is, you can place it next to the keyboard and use your finger to move the cursor on the computer.
It’s worth noting that Remote Mouse doesn’t just serve as a replacement for your broken mouse; In case your computer keyboard is malfunctioning (some key is broken), you can use the phone’s touch keyboard to type programs like Microsoft Word or others.
WhatsApp: new option to customize who can see the profile photo Halo Championship Series Regional Mexico 2022 will be face-to-face Infobae brings a list of recommendations so that children and young people do not fall into the networks of pedophiles or cybercriminals