Google Maps is the most reliable navigation service today and helps us get to a place we don’t know well. Although the ideal is to use it with a good mobile data connection, the Google platform also has a simple secret trick that is a trend in social networks and that allows us to use it without the internet. How can we do it? In the following paragraphs we explain it to you.
This is the offline maps method that allows you to use reliable navigation and safety features when your mobile phone has poor internet connection. To do so, you won’t need to download any third-party apps.
How to use Google Maps without internet
This Google Maps method allows us to download quite large areas, so you can cache an entire city and its surroundings, for example. In addition, the trick consists of two phases that we explain below:
YOU CAN SEE: How to use Google Maps to see what your street or avenue was like several years ago
Phase 1: download a map from Google Maps
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet and access Google Maps.
- Find a place, like Callao.
- At the bottom, tap the name or address of the place, and then download it. If you searched for a space like a restaurant, press more and then download the offline map.
- By default, offline maps are downloaded to your device’s internal storage, but you can save them to an SD card if you wish.
Phase 2: How to use the map offline
After downloading an area, use the Google Maps app as you normally would. That is, do the following:
- Open Google Maps on your phone
- Click on your profile picture
- Go to offline maps
- Done, you can now use the map of Google Maps that you downloaded.
YOU CAN SEE: Google Chrome: why is it important to clear the mobile cache and how to do it
Google Maps: trick to see old photos of the streets
The method that we will teach you below would not be possible if it were not for the fact that Google has been updating its Street View database for many years. This is not an easy task as it requires taking pictures of almost every street in the major cities of the world.
This trick is only valid for the version of Google Maps in a web browser.
- Knowing this, open Maps in your browser and search for the street that interests you
- At the top left of the photo you will see a small box that will display a date at the bottom
- Click on that date and a timeline will be displayed
- Now, you can drag the larger circle on that timeline to the smaller dots that are included as well.
- These are the different dates with photos available from that location
- The box will show a small preview thumbnail on the photo, just choose the desired moment and voila, you will see that location as it looked a few years ago.
YOU CAN SEE: The 5 phones with the best cameras so far in 2022
Steps to create a data deletion request with Google
- Enter the request form to remove your personal information from Google.
- Select “Delete information that appears in Google Search”
- Choose whether you want to remove that information from Google search results and on a website, or just from search results.
- Explain to Google if you have contacted the person responsible for the website where your data is located.
- Select what you want to delete “Personal information, such as numbers, identification and private documents”.
- If it is your phone number that you want to remove, now select “Contact information such as address, phone number, wave, email address”
- In addition, it is necessary to know if the content is published and if it has a harmful purpose. In addition, you must enter your personal information, add the URL of the website where your phone number is published, and sign the form at the end to confirm that you want to proceed with the request.
- Tap the “submit” button to request that your phone number not appear on Google.