How to create a secret conversation on WhatsApp, Instagram and Telegram? | android | iPhone | Smartphones | | tutorials
One of the most demanded features in messaging and social networking applications such as WhatsApp, Instagram and Telegram is privacy. Although on these platforms we have the usual daily conversations, there are also those chats that we do not want to be seen by third parties. Therefore, it is necessary to know the methods that will allow us to chat secretly on each platform.
In this sense, you should know that although Telegram, WhatsApp and Instagram have the functionality of the secret conversation, it is activated differently in each application. Therefore, below, we explain how you can do it.
How to activate a secret conversation in WhatsApp
The functionality of the messaging app that will help us have secret conversations with our friends or contacts is called ‘temporary messages’. These types of chats will automatically disappear and there will be no record of them.
YOU CAN SEE: WhatsApp: How to hide your profile picture from a contact without using strange applications or blocking it
WhatsApp temporary messages are not activated by default, so we must enter the application settings to activate them. You have to follow these steps:
- Open WhatsApp on your phone.
- Enter the chat of the friend or contact with whom you want to start a secret WhatsApp conversation.
- Click on their profile picture and go to ‘Temporary messages’.
- Click on ‘Temporary messages’ and you can choose between: 24 hours, 7 days and 90 days.
How to create a secret chat on Telegram
The messages of the secret Telegram conversations can only be read by you and the recipient, since what is written cannot be forwarded to other contacts. It is also not possible to capture the content, the content of the conversation is kept private between the two users.
Secret Telegram chats also offer the option of self-destruction, that is, you can set a certain time for the content to be deleted after the other person has seen it. To activate it, follow these instructions:
- Open Telegram on your phone
- Click on the pencil icon located in the lower right area of the chats
- Click on the ‘New Secret Chat’ option
- Choose the person you want to start a secret conversation with.
- If you want to increase the privacy of this chat, click on the three vertical dots in the upper right corner and choose the time you want the messages to be deleted.
YOU CAN SEE: WhatsApp: learn the trick to send messages with other sources and without installing strange apps
How to create a secret chat on Instagram
Unlike WhatsApp, on Instagram the functionality for a secret conversation is called ephemeral mode. This allows people to exchange messages, photos, videos, and other types of content that disappear in chat. The sent content disappears every time the user leaves the chat or disables the ephemeral mode. To activate it, follow these instructions:
- In the chat you want to start a secret conversation on Instagram, swipe up to activate the ephemeral mode.
- To turn it off, tap Turn off ephemeral mode at the top or swipe up.