Cyberpunk 2077 received a new reveal today via Night City Wire, a live digital streaming event that delves into CD Projekt Red’s upcoming RPG game. There was a new trailer, a new immersion in the game, and a look at the Cyberpunk Braindance feature.
Cyberpunk 2077 will be released on November 19 for PS4, Xbox One, PC, and an enhanced version will be released later for PS5 and Xbox Series X.
New Cyberpunk 2077 trailer from Night City Wire
What is Braindance in Cyberpunk 2077
- Braindance is a recording of someone else’s experience and allows you to live their memories.
- Its images, smells, sounds, you will experience everything through Braindance.
- In an extended game preview, the V was shown living through the memory of someone else’s robbery at a grocery store.
- In an analysis mode, V was able to explore the same scene but this time as an observer. They could move a camera and analyze memory from a new perspective.
- It’s almost like a detective mode.
- Braindance was created at UC Santa Cruz (what a Banana Slugs!) As a method of therapy.
- Later it was used for more carnal emotions.
- There are negative side effects like Flatlining where someone can die while Braindancing.
- CD Projekt Red says that Braindance will be an important storytelling device to explore the history, philosophy and different factions of the world.
Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay features shown during Night City Wire
- The player will work with a character named Jackie in the search for a legendary “immortality” chip.
- Jackie presents the player with a fixer that will introduce them to new tiles and improvements.
- The Moxx is one of the gangs that the player will encounter in Cyberpunk 2077 and creates a unique relationship with them.
- Outside the city walls there is a district called “The Badlands”. It is an open, desert space, full of unique encounters called “moments.”
- Adam Smasher is a large, modified enforcer introduced in the Cyberpunk tabletop RPG and now in the game.
- Ripper Docs are different street doctors in Night City that will improve your character with new body modifications.
Cyberpunk Edgerunner Anime Announced with Trigger and Netflix
- CD Projekt Red announced a new Cyberpunk anime that is being produced by Studio Trigger for Netflix.
- CD Projekt says anime development has been in the works for quite some time
- Akira Yamaokoa, the composer of the Silent Hill series, will compose music for the anime.
Be sure to check out our Cyberpunk 2077 pre-order guide to see which version or edition is right for you.
Matt Kim is a reporter for IGN.