What about that character creation in Cyberpunk 2077 exactly? And will hacking be fun? These and more questions are answered below! Other news this N8W8 about: World of Warcraft Classic, Reggie Fils-Aimé, Blair Witch and Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020.
Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay showcases character creation and hacking
CD Projekt Red comes with a modified version of their E3 gameplay demo of Cyberpunk 2077. In the video below you will learn more about a number of game systems, such as character creation and hacking. Below a number of the highlights in a clear list!
- The character creation in Cyberpunk 2077 is heavily inspired by old-fashioned tabletop role-playing games. You can choose from two different body types, one that looks traditionally masculine and one that appears feminine. However, there is no option to specify gender specifically.
- Then you choose one of the three Life Paths, with which you provide your character with a background story. The options are Street Kid, Nomad, and Corporate.
- Choice number three for character creation has to do with assigning points in different stats (Body, Intelligence, Reflexes, Technical and Cool). Under these core attributes you will find sub-attributes, such as your skills with Shotguns, Enigineering, etc.
- CD Projekt Red also shows how gear works in Cyberpunk 2077. You have a general health score, but also certain resistances against, for example, electrical attacks. Gear has multiple slots, in which you can put equipment and perks.
- And finally hacking: via Netrunning you can gain control over cameras, doors and weapon systems. As a player you have a Cyberdeck, an implant that allows you to communicate with computers and networks.
- The Cyberdeck has a “buffer” that acts as a spellbook with various programs. A hack (often?) Requires several of these programs. Due to time constraints, you cannot (usually?) Hack the entire system: you have to choose which parts you want to crack.
- With a successful hack, you unlock new options. For example causing a distraction or placing traps.
Cyberpunk 2077 can be checked on PC, PS4 and Xbox One from April 16.
First player reaches level 60 in World of Warcraft Classic
While the Guardian will need a few more days to reach the cap, Jokerd has already managed to level 60 in World of Warcraft Classic! He is the first to reach the highest level. With others he scored the World First, which many streamers and pro players were after.
To be the first to reach the level cap in World of Warcraft Classic, this Jokerd spammed area of effect attacks to tag as many mobs as possible. In Classic it is again: first come, first served. Thus, Jokerd leveled a frost mage.
With the first level 60 characters running around World of Warcraft Classic, it was only a matter of time before the first raid groups would form. In fact, the first Ragnaros and Onyxia kills are already a fact!
Do you enjoy yourself a bit in Classic? Are you close to level 60 yet? You could already read how the Guardian experienced the first days in classic WoW!
PAX West provided a literal trailer abundance! So this time a somewhat extended version of this section with no less than five new trailers.
- Jumanji: The Video Game – Starting November 8 on PC, PS4, Switch and Xbox One
- Untitled Goose Game – from September 20 on PC and Switch
- Black Skylands – in 2020 on PC, PS4, Switch and Xbox One
- Astroneer November 15 on PS4; rather on PC
- Moving Out – in 2020 on PC, PS4, Switch and Xbox One
Reggie Fils-Aimé is going back to school
It’s been six months since Reggie Fils-Aimé said goodbye to Nintendo… Luckily he’s kept his body ready for a new challenge! The Regginator will teach at Cornell University’s Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management. His first lesson on leadership is scheduled for October. Extra nice is that Reggie herself is a former student of this university!
Regginator is going back to school! @CornellDyson just announced that I will be their inaugural Leader in Residence. Looking forward to teaching and mentoring during this upcoming academic year. Great way for me to give back to @Cornell and @CALS.
– Reggie Fils-Aime (@Reggie) August 29, 2019
Bizarrely jealous that Reggie is not coming to teach somewhere in the Netherlands… De Wachtster would have loved to go back to college for that!
Blair Witch launch trailer celebrates game release
The release of the new Blair Witch game naturally calls for a cool launch trailer! Below you can see exactly what the game has in store for you. As a player, you enter a creepy forest to find a missing boy. And there turns out to be more than just a few owls and squirrels …
Blair Witch can be checked on PC and Xbox One since Friday.
Roster Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 leaked?
Oopsie, would Sega accidentally release the full roster of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020? GameXplain spotted an update for the game page on Sega’s website. There was a banner with 32 logos for the different characters …
If Sega has indeed accidentally revealed the full roster of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 via the banner, these are the 32 participants: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Bowser, Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Eggman, Wario, Waluigi, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Bowser Jr., Shadow, Silver, Metal Sonic, Blaze, Vektor, Jet, Zavok, Zazz, Eggman Nega, Espio, Rouge, Diddy Kong, Toadette, Larry Koopa, Ludwig von Koopa , Rosalina and Wendy O. Koopa. The last 12 characters of this list have not yet been officially announced.
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 can be checked on the Nintendo Switch from November 1.
Memes and things
Today and memes and stuff some fun party facts about anime games and bonus levels that push your skills to the limit.